Aluminium has long been the hull material of choice in many parts of the world due to its strength, ease of repair, versatility and above all its weight saving characteristics. Remember, because aluminium won’t soak up water, your Highfield will weigh the same in 10 years as it did the day it left the showroom.
To ensure the long life of your Highfield RIB, we only use top quality materials. High tensile, marine-grade aluminium is powder coated and baked to ensure a smooth and durable finish, which is more eco-friendly. Our tube fabrics are either Valmex® PVC from the reputed Melher Texnologies in Germany, or ORCA® Hypalon, from the standard bearer in commercial tube design, Pennel and Flipo in France.
Every Highfield boat is rigorously tested to strict ISO standards before leaving the factory. This comprehensive testing of all of our component parts during manufacture, and our 2 year structural warranty on all of our boats, means you can have complete confidence in your Highfield RIB.
Tests conducted on fabrics and seams:
- Fabric mechanical properties and glue-ability (ISO 1421, ISO 4674 and ISO 2411)
- Heat test and seam strength tests (ISO 6185)
- Air tightness (ISO 6185)
- Accelerating weathering test (ISO 4892)
Test conducted on the powder coating:
- Pre-treatment (BS EN 12206-1)
- Thickness (ISO 2178)
- Adhesion of the coating on the substrate (ISO 2409 and ISO 4624)
- Accelerating weathering test (ISO 11507)
- Salt spray test (ISO 9227)